Vegan Carnitas Tacos
Madeline of Madelines_cookbook shows us how to make a delicious and healthy vegan carnitas taco recipe! Delish! Scroll below for the recipe!
Madeline of @Madelines_cookbook
• Positively Plantain tortillas.
• 1 can jackfruit, shredded.
• 1 Jalapeno, sliced.
• 1/4 cup broccoli florets
• 1/4 cup chopped carrots
• 1/4 cup shredded red cabbage
• 1 tablespoon oil of choice
• Spice Blend: 1 /2 tablespoon nutritional yeast, 1/2 tablespoon paprika, 1/2 tablespoon oregano, 1/2 tablespoon coriander, 1/2 tablespoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• Juice of 1 orange
• 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
• 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
• Juice of 1 lime
• 1/4-1/2 avocado, sliced
In a pan saute the shredded jackfruit, the jalapeno, broccoli, carrots, and red cabbage in oil until fully cooked.
Mix together all the spices and add them into the pan and mix.
Add the orange juice, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, and juice of the lime to the pan and mix.
Heat individual tortillas on a dry pan until slightly browned, pliable, and fully heated.
Add jackfruit and veggie mix into warmed tortillas.
Top with slices of avocado and cilantro to taste.
Serve immediately and enjoy!